THD Acoustice Limited values and respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
We may update this policy at any time by amending this page. You should check this page from time to time to review any changes we have made.
What personal data we collect
We may collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of services.
The personal data that we process includes:
· Contact information including name, email and the company you work for
· asic information including name (including your name prefix or title), job title and the company you work for
· Marketing information including preferences in receiving marketing from us
· Technical information including IP address, operating system, web browser and other technology on the devices that you use to access our website. Please see our cookies policy for more details on this.
· Information you provide as part of an enquiry into our services
· Information you provide as part of your job application and during an interview
· Any other information which you may provide to us
How is your personal data collected?
· Contact forms – we collect information when you fill in forms on our website or contact us via email, phone or letter
· Services – we collect information from you when you provide it to us in the course of us providing you with services
· Personal interactions – we collect information from you when you interact with our staff in person, or via email, telephone, video-conferencing or any other form of communication
· Automated technologies – we collect information about you automatically via technology tools such as cookies and similar technologies
· Third parties – we may collect information about you from publicly available sources, business-to-business market intelligence companies and other service providers
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of services for the following purposes:
· To provide services and/or information to you
· To fulfil our legal and regulatory requirements including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
· To respond to your requests, enquires or complaints
· To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
· To prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences
· To ensure network and information security
· To host, maintain and improve our marketing communications website
We also use your personal data for:
We use your personal data to send you marketing communications about services, publications, science and technology industry updates, events, courses, surveys, promotions and competitions by THD Acoustics Lmited and to display content that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests or where you have explicitly agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal data for these purposes is optional and if you do not wish to provide your agreement, your visit and use of our website and/or provision of services by THD Acoustics Lmited will not be affected.
We use a relationship management tool (where legally permissible) to assess the strength of the relationships between THD Acoustics Lmited personnel and our clients or potential clients based on the frequency of the email contact between them. We use that information in order to assess, analyse and improve the services that we provide.
We also use business-to-business market intelligence providers (where legally permissible) to build our business contact networks. We use that information in order to specifically target relevant business prospects to promote our client and member services.
You have the right to request us not to use your personal data for marketing communications by emailing us at email@example.com.
Use of our website
There are facilities on our website which invite you to provide us with personal data including our contact us form and contact email addresses. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point you provide your personal data and we only use that information for those purposes.
Legal basis for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In particular, we will use your personal data:
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes provided it does not override your rights and freedoms
· To perform a contract such as providing you with services
· To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
· Where we have received your unequivocal consent
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services, for legitimate business interests, in accordance with contract, and where required or allowed under law.
Who we share your personal data with
We may also share your information with
trusted third parties where we are legally permitted to do so in
contractual arrangements agreed with you including:
· Professional advisors including lawyers, insurers and auditors
· IT and website service providers including Google Analytics
· Third party suppliers to help provide services to you subject to the agreed contractual terms between you and us
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow external third party providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also provide your information to selected third party suppliers when providing services as part of the agreed contractual terms. By agreeing to our contractual terms, you explicitly consent to us providing the third party suppliers with your personal data for the purpose of us completing our obligations under those contractual terms.
We may also provide your information to regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are legally required to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal offences. If legally permitted, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to disclosing your information to such parties.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to:
· Access, correct, delete, update, rectify or restrict your personal data
· Object to our use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent that you have previously given
· Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party
· Ask any questions about our use and processing of your personal data.
If you would like to do any of the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with all rights that you are entitled to in respect of your personal data and any exceptions that may apply.
Please note that we may ask for further information from you in order to prove your identity before disclosing any personal data to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. If a third party emails us in relation to the above purporting to act on your behalf, please note that we will require evidence from you and/or the third party that you have authorised them to act on your behalf in this way. We may also contact you directly in order to verify this authorisation.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. Contact details should be available online or you may alternatively ask us for assistance.